We are church planters in Portsmouth, Virginia. We love living in Coastal Virginia, and the lifestyle it affords.We love the diversity that shapes our area. We enjoy surfing and boating the beaches, hiking and camping in the mountains, and eating all the local food we find in between. Griffin (our mini-schnauzer) is our tag-along on all the adventures.
ABOUT OUR PAST
We knew in high school we’d be church leaders one day. It just seemed to fit. We desired to honor God however we could. Thankfully, He’s allowed us to minister in some amazing ways so far. In 2007 we partnered with Home Missions. We began raising support to help plant CrossPointe FWB Church in Suffolk, VA. In September of 2008 the church started in the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Suffolk. In 2010 CrossPointe purchased it’s own building at 2460 Pruden Blvd. Suffolk, VA. September 14, 2014 CrossPointe FWB Church organized and went self-supporting. Fall 2014 we began raising support to plant a new church in Portsmouth, VA. Click here for information about the city of Portsmouth.
OUR GOALS FOR PORTSMOUTH & BEYOND
We hope to plant a multi-cultural church in Portsmouth. The plan goes something like this:
- plant a self-supporting church (within 5 years)
- start on campus ministries at ODU and TCC (within 2-4 years)
- support local food banks, shelters & children’s hospitals in a major way (right away)
- partner with local churches to plant churches in every HR city (5-10 years)
- plant churches inside the golden crescent of VA (10-20 years)